Director of Technology – Tribal DDB San FranciscoApril 25th, 2011
With over 1,200 employees worldwide, Tribal DDB is a digitally centric global advertising agency. We’ve got enough creative horsepower to help our clients outrun those economic downturns, help those who are growing flourish and to even help those who don’t know they need help. Our passion is infectious. Not the bad kind of infectious, but the kind that gets us out of bed in the morning. It’s the same passion that helps us blow past boundaries and hop some of the greatest creative hurdles ever known.
Tribal DDB in San Francisco is looking for a Director of Technology who will be the point person on a development team for technical leadership, technical project management, and technical specifications on a project. The Director of Technology works during the Business Development and preliminary project phases to define technical requirements and to advise on technical solutions for the client’s objectives. This may include advising on 3rd party solutions and hosting requirements for the client initiative. During the Design phases, this role assesses proposed functionality for the project and writes specifications documents and QA plans. During the implementation phases, the Director of Technology oversees the development teams during code reviews, and manages the QA phase of development. This role is responsible for all client service programming efforts within the office including the management of solution architectures, client- and server-side programming, quality assurance, Web hosting operations, and assisting with the development of the new business and on-going client relationships. In tandem with the Producers, the Director of Technology is ultimately responsible for the on-time, on-budget delivery of the programming aspects of all projects.
- 7+ years technical experience in interactive marketing and/or site development
- Exposure to and working knowledge of standard and emerging web technologies
- Ability and desire to thrive in a high-pressure, client-service oriented entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to negotiate with partners, including contractual negotiations and financial terms
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, management and collaborative skills
- At least 4 years experience aggressively managing Web-based projects
- At least 4 years experience designing and implementing large scale Web-specific systems, including n-tier architectures
- 4+ years hands-on experience or solid familiarity with standard and emerging back-end technologies, including databases, development languages (java, asp, etc.), networking, and web hosting considerations
- Excellent time- and work-managements skills are a MUST
DDB is part of Omnicom Group, the world’s largest advertising holding company.
DDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.